10.18.2007

Memories


Grandpas and Granddaughters. They have a very special bond. A knot that is not easily severed. It is quite distinct from any other relationship, in a great many ways. I learned to fish, draw, and a ton about wild animals from him. When I was first learning to talk I didn't know how to say "grandpa", and somehow "paco" came out. Seeing as I was the oldest of grandchildren, the rest followed. I love him dearly, and though he has sort of gotten himself in a bind in the recent past, I still love him. I wish he would see the choice he's been making the way everyone else does, and be motivated to stop. Instead, he sits there day after day, with his precious unemployment check that he spends on alcohol. Maybe soon he'll come to realize. It's funny how we can remember things so young, eh? I don't remember everything, but I practically lived with him the first 2 years of my life. Paco, please come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment