2.28.2007

Camp Kawanis

Here's a short summary of my expierence in participating in the jr high retreat this past weekend. We had a nice bus ride there (camp Kawanis, near Cooper Spur...a bit higher though), until we got stuck, because we didn't chain up. But by all of us gettin of the bus, we were ok.
I was cabin leader to 12 girls. (6-8th grade). We had good devotion times. I had a very talkative group. I was the only girl adult leader who was young...so my group thought that was pretty fun. Last year there were about 80 kids with a 1:4 leader to kid ratio. This year there were 120 kids, with a 1:12 ratio. It was alot of fun though.
On Saturday we went up to the tubing area. At night we had a worship service, and our speaker Mike Miller, led the kids into the presence of God. They were crying, and praying for each other, and worshiping the Lord.
I had an excellent time with some of the moms of the jr. high girls. It's always good to talk and be with older, wiser people. There was actually only one other guy who was my age...quite different from last year, having 7 interns who went.
We concluded the weekend with a church service, and some more snow fun.

So yeah, it was a good time. Nice to be able to connect with the kids, and get to know the parents and leaders more.

No comments:

Post a Comment