4.01.2011

"John's Potato Soup"

I'm finally posting it. I know most of you like this potato soup that I make. The recipe is from our cousins back in Iowa, and it was named John's because my dad liked it so well;-) So thank you Deb!!!

I am sorry, but I almost never measure anything-and it's pretty hard to actually mess up on soup so most measurements are rough.

Serves about six.

Ingredients:

6-8 large potatoes, diced
1.5 bags baby carrots, cut in half
one medium onion, chopped
6-8 strips of bacon cooked and chopped
2 beef or chicken bullion cubes
3 cups milk
1/2 stick butter
1/2 block velveeta cheese
2 tsp. minced garlic


Instructions:


Place carrots in large pot and bring to boil. Cook about half way, then add the potatoes, onion, and bullion cubes.

Meanwhile, in a smaller saucepan heat butter, milk, garlic and velveeta cheese until it forms a nice, creamy broth. (About 8-10 minutes over med heat)

Drain the veggies until there's about 1/3 of the water/broth left. Add bacon, and milk mixture and heat on med for about 5 minutes. Stir and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment